“My journey with Enara Health literally started a few months ago, and from all over the world. I travel for work globally, and have a schedule where I work with clients on a different clock even when I’m in the US, so my health deteriorated. I was overweight, was on multiple meds, and was simply out of shape. I knew I had to do something and it had to be more than just change my diet or get on an exercise plan (which I have done before). With a hectic travel schedule, of being overseas 1-2 weeks per month, and attending sports activities of 3 active sons daily, I had to do more than a “band aid” which would just temporarily yo-yo my weight and get me to a point temporarily – without any long term benefits. Additionally, my numbers were very, very bad, and borderline unhealthy – H1C, glucose, BP, etc.
I chose Enara after researching other methods, because I wanted to get involved with a program that was long term and looked at a whole change versus just a short term fix. I chose to go on the VLCD path, as I wanted to control weight, my numbers, but also challenge my self to be able to change my way of health and control. Initially I thought it would be very difficult,and it was. 800 calories a day seemed impossible – but only for a few days. As the pounds started coming off, my energy increased and I was feeling better than ever. The feeling of hunger never entered the picture, and I was able to adapt to the control and balance of eating healthy, but still enjoying certain things.
As the months on the VLCD program passed, my well being and overall health improved tremendously. Not only, has my weight dropped significantly, but my numbers have improved to a point where I’m only on one pill a day – and it’s mostly for maintenance rather than necessity. My A1C and insulin levels have dropped to a point where I am well in the normal range – no longer considered diabetic. I feel and look great. I get asked all the time if “everything is ok” and I say with a smile and a smirk – that yes, I dropped the weight on my own – and I’m not sick. The beautiful side of losing close to 40 lbs…
I’m now a believer and advocate of what Enara can do, not just in the short term, but in transforming one’s life.”
Weight Loss Progress:
Albert was able to lose 35 lbs. (15% of his weight) in 6 months
LDL Cholesterol Progress: 19% Decrease
- LDL is the bad cholesterol.
- It collects in the walls of blood vessels leading to atherosclerosis which put you at greater risk for a heart attack or stroke.
- The goal for people with one other risk factor for heart disease (e.g. increased BMI, high blood pressure, diabetes, family history) is an LDL level under 100.
Triglycerides Progress: 49% Decrease
- Fatty foods and carbohydrates that we eat are broken down into globs of fat called triglycerides.
- High levels of triglycerides can increase your risk for heart disease, stroke, and nerve damage.
- Excess glucose in the blood can be used to make triglycerides, which is why people with insulin sensitivity, prediabetes, or Diabetes often also have elevated triglycerides.
Hemoglobin A1C Progress: 43% Decrease
- Hemoglobin A1c measures the percentage of your blood hemoglobin that is coated with glucose (sugar). This test reflects your average blood sugar level for the past 2-3 months.
- A level less than 5.7 is normal, and a level between 5.7 and 6.4 indicates pre-diabetes. A Hg A1c level of 6.5 percent or higher indicates Type 2 Diabetes.
Start your own Success Story with Enara Health!
Or Call (650) 469-8440
* Enara Weight Loss Programs are covered by most major insurances in California. Click on “Get Started” above to learn more about your coverage and our subscription plans.